Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year LEGS!

Chinese New Year is coming up and I wanted to try a new Chicken recipe...
I came across a recipe in the new cooking Light magazine this month, but made some modifications, as I made 8 chicken legs instead of a whole Chicken.

So I will post what I did for my Chicken legs.

New Year Legs!

8 chicken legs washed and dried.
5 TBS kosher salt
2 TBS grated fresh Ginger
3 TBS Sherry cooking Vinegar
1 TBS balsamic vinegar
2 TBS peanut oil
1 TBS sugar (or 1 TBS honey)
1 TBS onion powder

Preheat oven to 375.
Wash and pat dry your chicken legs, arrange in a cooking dish.
I took Kosher salt in my hands, peeled back the skins and rubbed generously each chicken leg.
Let stand 5 minutes. Rinse each leg under water, again pat dry. Arrange in cooking dish.

Mix together, ginger, vinegar, balsamic, peanut oil and sugar.
drizzle over chicken legs, then sprinkle onion powder over the chicken legs and, salt for taste.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until golden brown.
(Half way through I turned the legs to cover the other side in the juice...)




No comments: