Wednesday, January 7, 2009

EASY YUMMY HUMMUS

Chick pea Hummus

1 can organic chick peas
1/2 c Greek yogurt ( or plain.) I like the Greek kind.
2 TBS olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp lemon juice if desired.
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 salt


I often will use slightly less yogurt, and add a little more olive oil...
If you have a hand blender, whip it up til creamy. you can add a little more oil if its a bit to thick.

Cut up some pita's into triangles, spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and a little garlic powder, toss them in the oven at 300 for about 10-15 minutes til lightly brown.

There! You've got Chips and dip!

I make this a lot. If you've never had hummus, just give it a try. If you LOVE galric, like I do, add another clove of garlic.

1 comment:

MichelleB said...

This sounds great! I've never tried it without the tahini.