Saturday, October 3, 2009

Southwest seasonings

I have used both of these... try to see which you prefer...

Southwest Seasonings


1/3 cup chile powder
2 tablespoons dried cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons Mexican oregano leaves
2 tablespoons dried sweet basil leaves
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves

Combine all in a medium bowl. Store in an airtight jar for up to 4 months.

Makes 1 cup seasoning.

or

another I use regularly...


Southwest Seasonings

4 tablespoons chili powder
4 teaspoons ground cumin
4 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoon garlic powder
2teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon dried oregano

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Double or triple these recipes. I like to store mine in pint mason jars...
When I make zetsy grilled chicken, I cover entire chickens with this rub... yum.

No comments: