Saturday, December 27, 2008

Caramelized Brussels Sprouts

I had a girls night out a week or so ago, and the restaurant we ate at, had YUMMY Caramelized Brussels Sprouts, so when I found this I had to try it, and it has Pistachios! I used almonds, as a substitute... Pretty good!

Caramelized Brussels Sprouts

INGREDIENTS:
4 pounds Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup unsalted butter
4 small red onions, cut into
strips
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons white sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup coarsely chopped
pistachios
DIRECTIONS:
1. Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 8-10 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender yet crisp.
2. Melt the butter in a deep skillet, add the onions and 3 tablespoons vinegar; cook until onions brown.
3. Add the Brussels sprouts, sugar and remaining vinegar. Saute over medium heat until the Brussels sprouts are lightly caramelized.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with pistachios.

2 comments:

Solange said...

Those Brussels sprouts were amazing! Do you by chance have a recipe for the caramelized cauliflower that we had? (or at least something similar) Those were pretty awesome as well..

Fabric Fanatic said...

I made em too and they were totally delish! My guests were impresssed and so was I. Thanks for your generosity in sharing these and the others with us.