Saturday, May 30, 2015

Slop & Slather BBQ sauce



Sounds funny I know, Slop and Slather....

I decided at the last minute to whip up some BBQ sauce for steak on the grill, and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand for this recipe.... Fast, easy and surprisingly, we all loved it.  
(and I don't like BBQ anyhow, so go figure!)

Sweet, sour, with a mild heat after kick...

1 cup Ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 C chopped onion
1/4 C worchestershire sauce
2 TBS vinegar
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Mix all together, and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 25 minutes...Stirring often, and it will cook down to about 2 cups... I slathered it on the steaks when I grilled them, and we added more at the table on our portions...  It's a keeper!




From Better Homes and Garden's Grill it magazine issue 2015

No comments: